Desktop app keeps asking server adress

I used to use Dropbox in Xubuntu but they decided to stop supporting most Linux users. So today I decided to move to Nextcloud. I have downloaded the AppImage for Linux from this link (https://nextcloud.com/install/#install-clients) and it is working fine. However I cannot figure out how to configure it for automatic startup when I login into my computer. If I check the “Launch on System Startup” it does nothing. So I have moved the “.Nextcloud-2.3.3-x86_64.AppImage” file to my home directory and created a new launcher in the Xubuntu configuration to run it on system startup. The problem now is that every time I start my computer the app starts but as if it were the first time I run it. I have to input the server address, my email, my password, and this is annoying. Is there any way to avoid this each time the app starts?

Hm, ok. Let’s assume the auto start works properly. Here are some things, which come in my mind:

• Do you have to setup your sync folders again? -> Maybe by this we can find out, if at least something is saved or if it is like a complete fresh start, so maybe there are no configs which are used.
  • Can you check under which user the auto started process of Nextcloud is running?
  • Nextcloud should run under your normal user and thus it saves its configs under “/home/[YOUR-USER]/.local/share/data/Nextcloud”. This folder should be owned and writeable by your user. If you delete this folder, you will have a clean start, if you want to try it.
  • Are you running Xubuntu based on 18.04 or newer? -> Can you check for/install the following packages, especially if you are on a Ubuntu 18.04 (-> Mint 19) based distribution: libgnome-keyring0 libgnome-keyring-common
    After installing them, I think it is required to log out/log in or even reboot.