Hello. I would love to be able to have Attribute/Additional Fields to documents that match a specific tag.
- Create “Additional Fields” through an App page. It can be as simple as raw text input.
- Display custom fields that are filled out in the sidebar of documents/items in the cloud.
- Always have sidebar display unless hidden while viewing an image, pdf, etc.
- It would be cool if these can be conditional attributes. For example: The custom fields relating to Contracts only show when the document is “tagged” contracts.
- A way to mass import data/documents to keep these fields filled out automatically.
- Allow us to control what kind of field. Like plain text, date, HTML/Markdown. (Would be good for faking “related documents” or by linking to other resources).
I created a mockup of what I think the end-result should look like:
This would revolutionize NextCloud for me and bring it to near the same level as SpringCM.
Edit: I submitted this as a feature request with more information: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/13564 Your support is appreciated if you;re interested in this. This can also bring Document / File Descriptions as well.
I put a $5 bounty on this to start on BountySource: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/68651575-feature-request-custom-attributes-additional-fields I’ll be adding a higher bounty later this month. If anyone wants to contribute please help me! I can’t afford much but I’m going to try. I truly believe this can bring a whole new level of customization for NExtCloud.