Delete userdata in desktop app

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.0.6
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Windows 10
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1):

The issue you are facing:
Once I try to open the desktop app, it is not opening. I have the little symbol in the task bar, but nothing happens. When I move the cursor over the sympol, my username and domain appears among some other data.

I uninstalled, let ccleaner run, installed again. Same problem. And my username and domain appears again in the tool tip when moving the cursor over the symbol. I would like to completely delete all the data from the nextcloud desktop app and reinstall it, but nextcloud seems to store some data also after I uninstalled. how can I delete this data?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

I solved the problem.

Nextcloud desktop app was not working as Windows defender activated folder protection and therefore the folder “documents” was read-only.

I have the problem again. It should be possible to delete all the data from nextcloud when uninstalling.

Can anyone let me know how I can completely delete all data from nextcloud with the uninstall the desktop client?