Delete files on the user's computer in case of dismissal or departure

Hello
I’m installing the client nextcloud solution more and more often to synchronize the user’s desktop folders with its nextcloud instance.
One of my clients is exposing a problem to my solution: How to remove the files from the user’s computer who would leave the company? Obviously this problem arises for those who use their own computer equipment and not that of the company. The client asks me if there is a way to delete all the files of the user computer without warning and this during a synchronization on a scheduled date?
In my opinion, the best human relationship will be to go see the employee and ask him to delete the files in front of a witness. It’s less devious and just as effective.

<français>
bonjour,
J’installe de plus en plus souvent la solution nextcloud client afin de synchroniser des dossiers du poste utilisateur avec son instance nextcloud.
L’un de mes clients m’expose un problème à l’encontre de ma solution : Comment faire pour supprimer les fichiers du poste d’un utilisateur qui quitterait la société ? Évidement ce problème se pose pour ceux qui utilisent leur propre équipement informatique et non pas celui de la société. Le client me demande s’il existerait un moyen permettant de supprimer tous les fichiers du poste utilisateur sans avertissement et ce, lors d’une synchronisation à une date programmée ?
A mon sens, le meilleur rapport humain resterai d’aller voir l’employé et de lui demander de supprimer les fichiers devant témoin. C’est je pense moins sournois et tout aussi efficace.
</français>

How would you do this normally? Unless you’re using a VPN with Terminal Services, all data is on the client PC anyway. The only way I can think this could work is if the employee returns the hardware when they leave the company, but there’s no guarantee they haven’t made a copy of it elsewhere. Have a look at end-to-end encryption; maybe this could solve your problem if the encryption key to the folder can be changed (possibly by changing the password).