Deactivate User Account

Hi there,

would it be possible to deactivate a User Account (for a specific time) so he cant login anymore?
Have you thought about this?

It is possible via the occ-command:

Integration in the user-interface is planned for NC 12.

1 Like

Is it also possible to reactivate a deactivated user account? I am running NC12.0.5 and deactivated a user in the webinterface. but it completely disappeardedā€¦ anyway how i can bring it back or completely delete it?

1 Like

I second grafsimeonā€™s post: At the moment disabled users vanish from user-interface - an expected behavior would be, that reenabling or deleting of disabled users could be done from webinterface and disabled users can be seen in the user-interface - marked as disabled.

No problem to enable a disabled user in the web interface with 12.0.5.

Thanks @anon99252149. Please give me a hint: Where can I see a disabled user? In ā€˜Usersā€™ the disabled user is not listed anymore (tested under 12.0.5 and 13.0.0)

Users | Sidebar | Disabled => End of Line of the user ā€œā€¦ā€ | Enable

Restriction: Group Admins cannot see the disabled users of their group. Maybe this is fixed in NC13.

Fixed in NC13 and will be fixed in NC 12.0.6.

Thanks ThomasMarx - thatā€™s exactly what I would expectā€¦ But the moment I disable a user it is gone from the list an canā€™t be found again. I am admin of this cloud. NC 13.0.0 - There seems to be another problem.
I can reenable only via occ.

I think so. An admin should see the tab (disabled) and the users within.

Thanks for your prompt help.

Now I have found a way to list the disabled users.

1. Select group ā€˜disabledā€™
  2. Search for the user (uid) which will be listed
  3. the user in the list can be enabled

The group ā€˜disabledā€™ shows the correct number of disabled users, but selecting this group shows only an empty list.
But: If I donā€™t know the names of disabled users I still have a problem.

(Maybe important sidenote: There are >12ā€™000 users in the test-db)

PS: In another NC installation (12.0.5) with 188 users - same behavior. Selecting group ā€˜disabledā€™ does not list the disabled users.

@anon99252149
If I understand you correctly, you can see all disabled users listed in the group ā€˜disabledā€™?
Am I the only one who gets only a blank page or is this a bug? (User is only listed, when I use the search. How can all disabled users be listed without knowing their idā€™s?)
Thanks for checking.

No, not all disabled users. Only the users who are members of the group whose Group Admin I am.
The Admin of the Nextcloud instance sees all.
And in NC13 only.

I am running NC 15.0.8 and have recently (as admin) diabled an user. I have experienced said disabled user to vanish from the web-interface: user could not be found via search (magnifying glass symbol in upper right corner), and I saw no ā€œDisabledā€ tab in the usersā€™ sidebar.

Only after browsing /settings/users/disabled all disabled users are displayed and a ā€œDiabled Usersā€ tab appears in the sidebar.