Db error after update

Dear Community,

I’m facing a problem with the passwords app at a customers site.

Nextcloud was stuck and I could identify passwords to cause the issue. I then disabled the app to ensure that the users could at least access nextcloud again. The issue seems to be caused by an update for the app. Now we can neither enable nor reactivate the app. In both cases we stuck with the following error:

###########################################################
An exception occurred while executing ‘CREATE UNIQUE INDEX select_index ON oc_passwords_entity_password_revision (“user_id”, “uuid”)’:

SQLSTATE[42P07]: Duplicate table: 7 ERROR: relation “select_index” already exists
###########################################################

How can we get rid of this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best reguards,
Manuel

Hi, which version of the app were you using?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I’m on 2020.2.0-build3342. I was not the on who installed it but I realized that the nightly builds were activated. So while I was troubleshooting I deactivated the nightly builds and hoped to anyhow get back to a stable version.

UPDATE:
I now deleted the indexes in the datastructure of database.xml and was able to enable the app again. I’m now trying to wait for the next stable version and hoping the problem will be resolved.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
I’m using psql, which, differently to mysql, doesn’t allow to create indexes with the same name whithin the whole datastructure.

That’s what i assumed. I will make sure to publish a fix for this to the nightly channel today and it won’t be in the final version.

1 Like

Wow - thank you very much.

So, should I now reenable the nightly builds to get a, let’s say, consistent build, or is it ok to stay with nightly builds disabled and do the next stable update?

The nightly build 2020.2.0-build3378 should fix the issue and worked for me on Mysql, Sqlite and Postgres. You don’t need to enable nightly builds, you can just wait for the finished release. In my tests Nextcloud did not have any issues with removing and re-adding indexes. (So downgrading to 2020.1 or upgrading to 2020.2 should be no issue)