Datadirectory auf mehrere Festplatten verteilen

Hello,

I am looking for a possibility that I can enter two hard disks as a location.

My Nextcloud installation runs virtually on a Vmware server.
Now I would have my data on /harddisk1 and have the of an association on /harddisk2

Each hard drive is 5TB.
It may well be that a third club is added and then just a /harddisk3 is added.

Is such a thing possible?

Greetings Stephan

==== German =====
Hallo,

ich suche eine möglichkeit das ich zwei Festplatten als Speicherort eingeben kann.

Meine Nextcloud Installation läuft virtuell auf einem Vmware-Server.
Nun möchte ich meine Daten auf /Festplatte1 haben und die eines Vereins auf /Festplatt2 haben.

Jede Festplatte ist 5 TB groß.
Es kann durchaus sein das noch ein dritter Verein hinzukommt und dann eben eine /Festplatte3 hinzugefügt wird.

Ist so etwas möglich ?

Grüße Stephan

As Nextcloud stores the data in plain files you could setup everything on one hard-drive, turn Nextcloud to maintenance mode, and then selectively move user or group folders to the other harddrive and symlink them back to the Nextcloud data directory. Just make sure the folders have the necessary user-permissions (have not tried this myself though, just speaking theoretically).

But with 5TB each, do you really need different harddrives? Wouldn’t a RAID be better to have increased data security?

Hi Stephan,
It sounds like you need some kind of virtualized file system. I am using BTR but there are others, I think ZFS is considered quite good IIRC. The idea is that you can add (or remove) storage to a volume on the fly. I think there is also a RAID option.
Good luck

Ich denke Du brauchst eine virtualisierte Dateisystem. Ich benutze BTR aber es gibt auch andere. Ich denke ZFS ist auch ziemlich gut. Das Konzept ist einfach, dass man in laufende Betrieb, Speicherplatz hinzufügen (oder entfernen) könnte. Ich glaube, es gibt auch eine RAID Möglichkeit.
Grüße