Data Folder on External Storage

Hello!

(Sorry for my English) :slight_smile:

Question about the folder /data/
I have been using OwnCloud 8 and 9 for a long time, on OwnCloud 8,9 folder /data/ contained only user folders and group folders
Now in Nextcloud, in addition to the user folders in /data/ there are also:
appdata_xxxxxxxxxxxxx, updater_xxxxxxxxxxxxx, htaccess, logs, index and other data.

the problem is that I moved /data/ to S3 Storage via goofys (or s3fs) and at a speed between VPS and S3 500mbps-2Gbit, a very long response time (compared to local storage)
If it is not critical for uploading and downloading files, it turned out to be critical for the GUI to work.
And there is a problem when updating - a lot of small files from /nextcloud/ on VPS to /data/updater_xxxxxxxxxxxxx on S3 are starting to be copied
Then the nextcloud archive in S3 is downloaded, it is unpacked and many small files are copied to the VPS in /nextcloud/ - the whole operation takes more than 2 hours and ends with an error. You have to switch nextcloud to the old /data/ which is on the VPS and is not relevant, perform the update and switch back.

can I do this? Example: /data1/ locally on the VPS and in it are appdata_xxxxxxxxxxxxx, updater_xxxxxxxxxxxxx, htaccess, logs, index and other data. a /data2/ on external storage (S3) and there are only user files.

Thanks for any advice