Dashboard for Nextcloud by flost and Holger (was: Anyone in for an Overview / Dashboard / Start page app?)

Works for me now, also the PHP errors are gone.

1 Like

If you can set different user groups for the various widgets I’d set “Clock” to “all” and leave the rest on “user” default.
This way no one has an empty dashboard as no one sees anything s/he may not have rights to work with.
I cannot, for the life of me, think of a scenario in which you would not allow a user to see a clock widget :wink:

I have opened an issue on github.

Is there always a group ‘user’ in nextcloud - I don’t think so. When using LDAP for example, an admin can configure complete different groups?!?

Uh, could have tought of that myself :flushed:Will do so next time

By this you made it php7 compatible, because <?php is a must-have there

Thanx for your efforts!

The new version (downloaded just now) works fine for me. Thanks again for your work.

As we meanwhile actually DO have a dashboard app, I think it is time to move and rename this thread. I’ll make the changes necessary now accordingly. I will also alter my first post and the title of this thread, so please do not get puzzled :smiley:

John

As author of activity and announcement center, I’d welcome this idea. And when the architecture is plugable I’d also help writting plugins for both apps.

2 Likes

@Holger_Dehnhardt and Florian: Thank you both for that very useful app! :+1:

@John, thank you for the kind words - but remember: I only fixed a few issues. Some were easy to find, others took more time. But still 99.9 percent of the code are still from Florian - the original author.
I told him about what’s going on and he’s happy that his application is mainained again.

1 Like

and we are happy too :slight_smile:

@nickvergessen
First of all: Great nickname, Nicḱ;-)
I have not looked closer at the api, but it seems to work. Have you watched the video from the beginning of the thread? Florian explains what needs to be done.
I will help wherever possible.
And be sure: I will install every single app which provides a widget for this dashborad!!! - Eh - at least for testing purposes;-)

Holger

@Holger_Dehnhardt very true, thanks for the heads up! Flost was ofc mentioned in the original post, but I must have edited once to often :blush:

I reworded title and text againpaying myrespect. (Flost/Florian: in case you read this: Thanks heaps for all your work. Kudos to you :slight_smile:)

Thanks John, this sounds good now!

@John: can you confirm solution to your issue works so I can close it?

Yes. I deleted the max-version string in appinfo/info.xml, deactivated the app and reactivated it again. It still works fine. Alas, the string seems not to be required.

It’s just: I don’t know, if this will be an error in future versions of NC pretty much like a missing min- and max-version string for NC will be.

pinging @LukasReschke: any plans on that? Or is it safe to not set a max-php-version?

If it turns out, that we need to set a max-version: my php version the app runs fine with is 7.0.6

John

For NC version you should use 9.1, the php version can be omitted.
You can look at official apps to see examples:

or you look at the docs:
https://docs.nextcloud.org/server/9/developer_manual/app/info.html#dependencies

I did two things today:

• I made a fresh install of nextcloud with MySQL to see if I can reproduce the error John had with the dashboard installation.
    I was not able to reproduce it, so it must have something to do with Johns setup.
  • I made my first beta release on GitHub, after I wrote a small “howto use the api” in the README.md.

Hopefully there will be some developers who test out the api.

When I try to activate Dashboard I got this error message Error: this app cannot be enabled because it makes the server unstable

How can I solve this?

Where did you download it from?
The right version is on GitHub