Custom Quota Option

NextCloud version: 15.0.2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25) : Apache
PHP version: 7.2.1.6

The issue you are facing:
We need to assign custom quota to some of the users. Would such functionality be available in future releases to customize quota limit rather than choosing specific quota options from list?

sorry if i’d act blond here (as a matter of fact, i really am)…

but afaik you aready can assign customized quota to every single user so that userA = 1GB, userB = 3MG, userC = 153MB etc… you just need to do that manually in your users setup.

Hi jimmy,

Thank for responding. You are right we can assign customize quota but it has only limited options available. When mentioning Customize Quota I mean to say some other options rather than provided by nextcloud. PFA image for reference where NC is providing only limited options to assign Quota i.e. !GB, 5 GB, 10 GB, 20 GB and Unlimited and we are bound to assign choosing one of these options.

We tried to customize it and changed the listing to 15 GB, 3 GB but size limit remains same as programmed.

Can you help in this regard how we can customize this to assign our Quota defined by us/customize quota?

Really appreciate your assistance in this regard and looking forward for kind response.

TIA
(upload://b74dm3SEWUnumKJatfdusb7syXx.png)

ummm … apparently you have tried to go to your users setup (which is correct) but then got distracted by the given quota of 1, 5 and 10 GB… just enter the quota you want to grant directly into the quota-box of the referring user and even chose if you want to grant MB or GB (havent tried TB)… a final click on + and it’s set.

Hi Jimmy,

awesome, it worked as you described. Thanks a lot for help . Cheers. :slight_smile:

1 Like