Creating new user - Password always fails

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): latest - I downloaded the latest version march 20, 2021
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): apache 2.4.41
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4

The issue you are facing:
I successfully installed NC and logged in. I then created a new user.

I have tried logging in, and changed the password a few times, but I am never able to log in as the new user.

admin account works fine.

When I look in the accounts table in the DB, I see the initial admin account that I created, as well as the new account.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

1. I just make a new user- doe snot work

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE
Warning
no app in context
Login failed: joseph (Remote IP: 192.168.0.200)

The output of your config.php file in `/path/to/nextcloud` (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):
<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'oc9inbki1oos', 'passwordsalt' => '/NkDEyueMQsSTl/AksXKAbuprd3wC8', 'secret' => 'UF9jPcFhUWxn2AXB7Q2OJqtKqGO2JCjuFykgE1pMYacmCs3U', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'xxxxx', ), 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/clients/client1/web13/web/data', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '21.0.0.18', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'xxxxx', 'dbname' => 'c1nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'mysql.utf8mb4' => true, 'dbuser' => "xxxxxx', 'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxx', 'installed' => true, ); ``` The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: ``` Mar 20 17:10:06 mrmoose mariadbd[1158]: 2021-03-20 17:10:06 160310 [Warning] Aborted connection 160310 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'unauthenticated' host: 'localhost' (This connection closed normally without authentication) ```

I tried creating a few more users and they all worked, except th efirst use after creating the admin user.

Problem solved. Thanks.