Create directory in user root

Hi,
How to configure the installation so that a user who has access to some resources cannot create a directory in his root.
If, for example, he has shared directory DATA_1 and he sees it after logging in, and if he creates his own subdirectory inside DATA_1, the admin sees it and can - possibly - moderate or share it further. But if a user creates a subdirectory next to DATA_1, e.g. as MY_DIR, it is only visible to him.
How to block this possibility? Is there parameter somewhere to prevent such case?

Nextcloud version Nextcloud 20.0.12

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. create directory and share to the user
  2. ask user to crate dir next to shared one
  3. log as admin and see if the the new dir is visible.

That is my first topic here, I might create it incorrectly…

Maybe try chmod 550 nextcloud/data/{user}/files ?

thnaks, but I do not this that is the right solution?
Also - it should be disabled for all users…

It is the right solution insofar as it is the ONLY solution.

Hi @m2m

If I understand your question right, you basically look for a way to make the user accounts read-only? You could achieve something similiar with the Guests app: https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/guests

If that for some reason is not suitable for you, and you don’t want to mess with the permissions of the underlying file system, you could maybe limit the storage space of your users to 0 KB or or something really small. Not an elegant solution and I did not test it either but it should at least prevent users from creating / uploading new files to their accounts.