"core/shipped.json is not available" while updating to 11.0.4

Nextcloud version: 11.0.3
Operating system and version: Debian Stretch (Raspibian)
Apache or nginx version: Apache/2.4.25
PHP version: 7.0.19-1
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): No, as I encountered it the first time

The issue you are facing: I used the web updater to move from 11.0.3 to 11.0.4 (stable channel). During “Delete old files step” I get the message “core/shipped.json is not available” and updater is stuck. Several attempts to retry didn’t help. I can’t to the login panel (Update in process.)

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Remember, this information may be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

On https://nextcloud.com/changelog, you can find archives of all versions. There you should be able to find the file.

Thank you, for now I tried to do a manual update and my data is being copied but I can try to copy the file in case of failure. Is it safe to move from 11.0.3 directly to 12.0.2 using manual update?

yes, that should work. You should do a backup anyhow.

Thank you all. I have successfully updated through manual update from 11.0.3 to 12.0.2.