Converting to "big int" fails

I upgraded to NC 17, and now I get the message that some db rows need to be converted to “big int”. So I put NC into maintenance mode and run the suggested command “occ db:convert-filecache-bigint”, but then I get these messages:

In AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 106:

An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE oc_activity CHANGE `activity_id` activity_id BIGINT AUTO_INCREMENT N  
  OT NULL, CHANGE `object_id` object_id BIGINT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL':                                                        

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of './nextcloud/#sql-732b_6a' to './nextcloud/oc_activity' (errno:  
   184 "Tablespace already exists")                                                                                        

In PDOConnection.php line 90:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of './nextcloud/#sql-732b_6a' to './nextcloud/oc_activity' (errno:  

In PDOConnection.php line 88:

How do I fix this?

Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

Just got this too with 18.0.6/Ubuntu 18.04/MySQL 5.8+1.0.4.

why not trying sudo -u <webuser> php occ maintenance:repair ?

1 Like

Running repair doesn’t change the result from running the “occ db:convert-filecache-bigint” command.