Connecting NextCloud to Azure File Share Storage

I have a storage account provisioned in Azure. It has a “File Share” setup and it is linked to Active Directory in prem so that our AD users can authenticate to it.

From my domain joined computer, I can connect to the share by running the path like a UNC path:

\\myfilesharenamedata.file.core.windows.net\test"

I’ve tried to create a SMB share within MyFile with the same credentials, but it doesn’t seem to want to connect to it. Is there a way of doing this?

I guess one of the issues is that MyFile asks for the Hostname which I tried as myfilesharenamedata.file.core.windows.net and then I added the share as “test”, but that didn’t seem to work.

Please provide more details about the issue. while the regular template doesn’t work well you could check following steps:

• can you connect (another) SMB share on a local network?
  • can you connect (another) SMB share on a local network using local/domain account?
  • can you connect (another) SMB share on a local network using domain account you are using for Azure?
  • can you mount \\myfilesharenamedata.file.core.windows.net\test from completely new non-domain joined workstation (avoid identtiy caching etc)?
  • do you have MFA/conditional access enabled in Azure? did you define proper exceptions?