Connect via FTP to nextcloud account

[details=“Connect with FTP”]

I set-up nextcloud server, and I created users. Can I set up FTP service to connect to nextcloud user account?

If anyone did, do you have any tips?

Kind Regards
Jus

Not sure what you want to do. Do you want to connect as a client (Nextcloud user) to your instance via FTP? Or do want to connect FTP external storage to your Nextcloud instance?

The first one. I want to connect with filezilla by port 21 to nextcloud user account.

Kind regards

Starfish

September 3

Not sure what you want to do. Do you want to connect as a client (Nextcloud user) to your instance via FTP? Or do want to connect FTP external storage to your Nextcloud instance?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

-------- Izvirno sporočilo --------
Zadeva: [Nextcloud community] [support] Connect via FTP to nextcloud account
Od: Hans Erasmus
Za: jus@data-com.si
Kp:

maybe winscp is a better tool since you can connect via webdav.

ftp is insecure und nextcloud doesn’t talk ftp.

1 Like

Spot on. Rather use webdav, built into Nextcloud by default. Nextcloud can only talk FTP when you want to connect external storage to your instance via FTP.

Jep, use webdav if you want to connect/authenticate via Nextcloud user, which is basicall what also the Nextcloud clients do.

If you need to upload files via different protocol (indeed use SCP or SFTP instead of FTP for security reasons, or NFS or SMB/samba within local network), use the external storage plugin instead. But access authentication is then done via the related protocol credentials, e.g. FTP user, not via Nextcloud directly.

Hello,
I want to upload a folder or file in ftp(filezilla), can it also show in nextcloud web

You must re-scan files.
Using the occ command — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

If you use WebDAV (e.g. Windows File Explorer) you do not need Filezilla and re-scan.
Accessing Nextcloud files using WebDAV — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation