Confusing double backslashes in written-out config values

Nextcloud runs (in fact I have five installations) - but it confused me breifly about the correct way of writing the values which have backslashes in them:

Before installing the last instance I provided a config.php according to past experience and further study of the online configuration guide and the current config.sample.php.

Following the online doc and sample I had:

‘enabledPreviewProviders’ => array(
‘OC\Preview\PNG’,
‘OC\Preview\JPEG’,
‘OC\Preview\GIF’,
‘OC\Preview\BMP’,
‘OC\Preview\XBitmap’,
‘OC\Preview\MP3’,
‘OC\Preview\TXT’,
‘OC\Preview\MarkDown’
‘OC\Preview\OpenDocument’,
‘OC\Preview\PDF’,
‘OC\Preview\Photoshop’,
),

i.e. the values in single-quoted strings with ONE backslash as separator. But after successful installation NC had rewritten the config file and the above section now looks like this:

array (
0 => ‘OC\\Preview\\PNG’,
1 => ‘OC\\Preview\\JPEG’,
2 => ‘OC\\Preview\\GIF’,
3 => ‘OC\\Preview\\BMP’,
4 => ‘OC\\Preview\\XBitmap’,
5 => ‘OC\\Preview\\MP3’,
6 => ‘OC\\Preview\\TXT’,
7 => ‘OC\\Preview\\MarkDown’,
8 => ‘OC\\Preview\\OpenDocument’,
9 => ‘OC\\Preview\\PDF’,
10 => ‘OC\\Preview\\Photoshop’,
),

i.e. the single backslashes got doubled up. I checked this out (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3446216/what-is-the-difference-between-single-quoted-and-double-quoted-strings-in-php) and then tried it myself: Fact is, in single quoted strings you get one backslash in the output for ONE OR TWO backslashes in the input.

So the bottom line is, it does not matter, both forms work. BUT it would less confusing for people if what got written out was the same format as in the documentation.

Cheers, Tim