Configuring TURN server with nextcloud 24.0.1

when configuring TURN server with nextcloud 24.0.1 iā€™m getting the error no working ice candidates returned by the turn server

Support intro

Sorry to hear youā€™re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If youā€™re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isnā€™t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Some useful links to gather information about your Nextcloud Talk installation:
Information about Signaling server: /index.php/index.php/settings/admin/talk#signaling_server
Information about TURN server: /index.php/settings/admin/talk#turn_server
Information about STUN server: /index.php/settings/admin/talk#stun_server

Nextcloud version (eg, 24.0.1): 24.0.1
Talk Server version (eg, 14.0.2): 14.0.2 Custom Signaling server configured: yesCustom TURN server configured:yesCustom STUN server configured:yes`

In case the web version of Nextcloud Talk is involved:
Operating system (eg, Windows/Ubuntu/ā€¦): windows
Browser name and version (eg, Chrome v101): `chrome

In case mobile Nextcloud Talk apps are involved:
Talk iOS version (eg, 14.0.2): replace me
Talk Android version (eg, 14.0.2): replace me

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time youā€™ve seen this error? (Y/N):Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. trying to connect TURN server
  2. when trying to test getting error no working ice candidates returned by the turn server
  3. calls between nextcloud users keep disconnected after ringing

Hi,

and whatā€™s your stun / turnserver settings in nextcloud?
Do you really have a TURN with secret and / or need TURN?

already have TURN installed as a docker container from github GitHub - strukturag/nextcloud-spreed-signaling: Standalone signaling server for Nextcloud Talk.
following this tutorial How to run Nextcloud Talk High Performance Backend with Stun/Turnserver on Ubuntu with docker-compose ā€“ Markus' Blog
signaling is working but TRUN is not also when i open a call it keep disconnecting without any voice heard

Do you have it installed at hetzner or netcup as recommended ?

its hosted on my own server, if I understand you well.

Just to be clear, thatā€™s not a TURN server, thatā€™s a signaling server. For STUN/TURN use something like coTURN.

iā€™m not really familiar with this, can you please redirect me to the right tutorial or steps i should follow ?
also not having TURN up is it related to the issue i have that the call is keep disconnected

Please ask your favourite search engine to understand the concepts or look at best practice.
For me pexip and estos (it consulter) have great docs.

You need a TURN Server only if are behind a very restrictive firewall, e.g. content filter or/and port blocking.

TURN should not have effect on the call that is why because iā€™m doing all the tests from the inside network that is why i asked if this error is related

If all your clients and your NC server are inside your network you do not need STUN/TURN Server

yes exactly but the issue is that from my inside network the call opened and then keep disconnecting

Nextcloud Talk is imho WebRTC based and you have to set https Certs for working with this, also inside your LAN.

installed STUN/TURN server and still having same issue call keep drop and get error on the Talk settings ā€œerror not working ice candidates returned by the turn serverā€ all ports on firewall is open and ufw is disabled donā€™t know what block UDP traffic ?!!
Any Help!

also everything is secure https and certs generated

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.