Configure additional host (wiki) to run alongside NextcloudPi

Hi there,

I’m running my NCP on a RPI4 for several month and it is a joy. Thanks for this piece of Software!

Lately i was tinkering with setting up my own personal wiki (dokuwiki – to be specific) on a different machine.
Since NCP is running 24/7 i thought about putting the wiki on there – for obvious reasons, i guess.

In fear ob breaking my NCP i created a copy of it and tried to set up an additional website(?) by creating a new wiki in /var/www/wiki/ and setting up ownership to www-data.

Then I created a new .conf file in /etc/apache2/sites-available by basically copy/pasting stuff together from /etc/apache2/sites-available/ncp.conf and /etc/apache2/sites-available/nextcloud.conf (without fully understanding how this works), but changing the port to 4444 (for no specific reason).
After enabling the new site and restarting i managed to reach the wiki from within my home network. Nice.

I did this as a prove of concept for myself, since i have no experience with webservers.
Since I kept a copy of the “clean” NCP i reversed back to it and was wondering how to properly do/ configure this to run correctly alongside NCP without breaking it or interfering.

Could someone help me with this?

specifically:

1. Was something i explained horribly wrong? e.g. do i compromise security by doing it this way?
  2. Is there a way to configure it with its own hostname instead of port (like the NCP config panel)?
    If yes: can someone tell me how to do so without messing up NCP?
  3. is it possible to access the additional site without security warning from browser? how?
  4. (optional) what things are to consider if I would make the second page available from outside my home network? Or would you consider this a bad Idea?
    This is completely optional since access from home network should be suitable for my needs! (… for now :slightly_smiling_face:).

Yeah, I’m asking a lot of questions, but your help would be highly appreciated!
Let me know if you need further information.

NextCloudPi version: v1.25.0
Nextcloud version: 18.0.4.2