Colour in Theming not applying to current user

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.3.2
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0.27

The issue you are facing:
I changed the Nextcloud Theming colour, but it only seems to apply to any new accounts created, the original account remains on the default colour.

Steps to replicate it:

1. Enter Admin Option
  2. Go to Theming panel and change the colour
  3. Observe

Is this a problem that is fixable?

It seems that I have similar issue. I believe when I created the first user, I had really dark Color set in Theming of Administration Settings. Now I cannot see some of the icons, e.g.:

while other users can see them properly:

Is there a way to fix this?

Is this the Custom Menu / Side Menu app on your screenshots?

Try to delete your browser cache. If that doesn’t help open an issue here: Issues - side_menu - Gitnet

That’s the side menu of the PhoneTracker app. The same issue shows up e.g. in here, in the Personal Info:

Broken user:

Correct one:

The value of this color must be stored in the database, right? Maybe I could change it manually? :thinking:

I just tried to reproduce the issue, but I did not found a full reproduction:

• as admin: the Color was blue
  • as admin: changed the Color to pink
  • as admin: created a new user
  • as user: logged in, user avatar was pink, the controls were pink
  • ad admin: changed the Color to blue
  • as user: the controls became blue, but the avatar remained pink

Heh, I found the underlying issue. This is due to a misleading UI. Take a look at this:

I was under the impression that this tile changes the background to given color, but it has nothing to do with background - this is the override of the default Theming → Color setting.

I had this set to dark blue, that’s why changes to Color in admin panel had no effect on my user’s icon colors

1 Like