Collabra - Failed to load Collabora Online - please try again later

In your app directory there should be an directory ā€œrichdocumentsā€. You should look which user/group the other directories in your app directory have e.g www-data/www-data.
Then do a
ā€œsudo chown -R www-data:www-data richdocumentsā€ (www-data or any other user/group you may be using)
Open your Nextcloud in your webbrowser and go to ā€œsettingsā€ There you should find somewhere ā€œcollaboraā€. Open it and fill in the address of your Collabora online server.

Iā€™m giving up. Although I finally managed to install and enable the 3.0.0 version, I now run into other problems. I guess I have to admit not having enough knowledge, experience and patience to set this up.

Thanks for the help.

Donā€™t give up too soon, there isnā€™t one wisedom as there are many variables. So knowledge and experience come when you allow yourself some patience and take steps at your own pace. Best way is to understand what you are doing instead of just following some guides or advice.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for the nightly app? Github repository?

@mjanssens Thanks for the encouraging words, but currently I canā€™t find the perseverance to do this.

@kevdog Have you searched for ā€˜collabora 3.0.0 nightlyā€™?

Iā€™m guessing its here:
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/richdocuments

Iā€™ve tested 3.1.1 now and its better then 3.0.0

I did a fresh installation of Ubuntu 18.04, Nextcloud 15.05 and Collabora Online 3.2.3., but unfortunately ā€œFailed to load Collabora Online - please try again laterā€

WOPI discovery URL and Collabora Admin Console are working.

Please either post the error you are getting from the nextcloud.log or the httd-error.log. These are probably going to be located in the /var/log directory.

Apache error log:

[Thu Mar 07 20:13:14.163392 2019] [core:error] [pid 4438] [client 192.168.0.2:61796] Invalid status line from script 'index.php': 0
[Thu Mar 07 20:13:14.228916 2019] [fcgid:warn] [pid 4889] [client 192.168.0.2:61797] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class GuzzleHttp\\Handler\\CurlFactory, because the name is already in use in /var/www/clients/client1/web7/web/3rdparty/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Handler/CurlFactory.php on line 15

That problem ā€“ the forum is littered with that error. I have no idea how to resolve this problem. I have the same problem and have never resolved. Look at this post. Near the bottom there is post about someone who temporarily switched domain names. GuzzleHttp Name Already in Use.

That worked for me!

@Sanook ā€“ Can you post exactly what worked for you and detail the steps? A lot of people including me have this problem and if the resolution could be documented appropriately it would help a lot.

Here:

More info please and thank you
Im a bit of a newbe and need some detail, Thank you in advance

Finally i got it working!!! here is what i did remove docker container restart docker redo docker code docker run -t -d -p [127.0.0.1:9980]:9980 -e ā€˜domain=cloud\.nextcloud\.comā€™ --restart always --cap-add MKNOD collabora/code Go into nextcloud , Disable Collabora onine, Re download and enable Collabora online again go to settings in nextcloud, set domain back up (Do not put in the port 8890) go into collabora1 conf file and remove and retype domain name <VirtualHost *:443> ServerName [office.nextcloud.com:443]
Save file
do sudo systemctl reload apache2
do sudo restart apache2,
systemctl restart docker
also im using Pfsense for my firewall and router and put it into True NAT mode.
Im not sure if that was part of the issue but im including it anyway
Tested and its working!!!

1 Like

@sdeskgeo Many thanks for posting your findings and solution. I found that by removing and reinstalling the docker container and the nextcloud collabora app in nextcloud as you suggest, and adding the :443 to the ServerName in apache conf did the trick for me tooā€¦and of course the reloading and restarting of apache as it did not take effect until then. And in case anyone wants to know, I used the suggested default directions for nextcloud15 as found in the admin manual, default settings for docker, and default settings from the nextcloud/collabora pageā€¦all on a Mint19.1 OS. One more thought, donā€™t enter a port in the nextcloud/collabora app settings. Hope this confirms and clarifies sdeskgeoā€™s findings for others.

Hello sdeskgeo,

Can you please elaborate more on your pf sense 1:1 or true nat setup? I am having same exact issue yet everything seems to be set correctly. I am left to blaming it on pf sense.

Thanks in advance. I am extremely excited to try out collabora.

Just an FYI for folks researching the same error. Had the ā€œfailed to load please try again laterā€ error. I could create docs but not edit any. I went into Settings>Collabora Online and removed the port number from the server address, applied changes and could edit docs no problem after that. Iā€™d give it a try before reinstalling/reconfiguring anything.

What worked for me was changing all instances of the loopback address 127.0.0.1 in the collabra Apache virtualhost file to the domain of the nextcloud server e.g 127.0.0.1 changed to cloud.myserver.com.

ā€œcloud.myserver.comā€ being whatever the url of your nextcloud server is.

What Iā€™m wonering is whether there are any security implications for doing this. I assume no traffic will go out onto the net anyway since my collabra docker instance and my nextcloud instance are on the same machine.