Collabora Subdomain Certification error (?)

Hello everybody

I’m really happy with my Nextcloud now (Home Office is of course a good time to take care of the configuration while working :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). Unfortunately there are still a few hitches here and there. I’m just setting up “Collabora” and followed onlineinstructions. Unfortunately, when I call “office.my-domain.com” the error “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” (A name record with wildcard is stored, added to trusted-domains). Suspected that it is due to the lack of certificate - letsencrypt shows me an error when I want to get a cert for *.my-domain.com… I’m running out of idead, does anyone have an idea?

Thank you very much for your feedback in advance!

Many kind greetings

Let’s Encrypt only allows to generate wildcard certificates if you are using “dns-01” as verification protocol. Due to the fact that only a few users have full access to their internet domain record, you most likely currently use “http-01”.
In this case you can only create a Let’s Encrypt certificates which contains all desired fqdn, e.g. office.my-domain.com, nextcloud.my-domain.com, mail.my-domain.com, etc., or you generate separate ones for each of these sub-domains.

1 Like