Collabora Online - Proxy configuration

Hello,

I am hosting a Collabora Online (CODE) service on a server that don’t have access to the internet.
When accessing my document from the web interface, I have the following error:

“Failed to read document from storage. Please contact your storage server ([REDACTED]) administrator.”

loolwsd logs:

ERR Cannot get file info from WOPI storage uri [REDACTED] Error: DNS error: Temporary DNS error while resolving: [REDACTED]| wsd/Storage.cpp:564
ERR loading document exception: DNS error| wsd/DocumentBroker.cpp:1334
ERR Failed to add session to [/index.php/apps/richdocuments/wopi/files/17299_ocox9v25xetr] with URI [REDACTED]: DNS error| wsd/DocumentBroker.cpp:1296
ERR Error while loading : DNS error| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:2983

This error makes sense: the machine can’t resolve the storage server name.
So my question is: how can I configure a proxy server on loolwsd to make it access the internet through it?

Thanks in advance,

EDIT: formatting

Ok two questions:

1. What the value you using for WOPI storage? – Are you entering this directly in loolwsd.xml or are you using a docker image?
  2. DNS error – so whatever name you are using it seems doesn’t resolve to an IP address. You stated your server doesn’t have access to the internet – does it have access to a DNS server? An alternative would be to use the /etc/hosts file and set the parameters for the DNS name and IP address in this file.

Thanks for your answer!

I wrote the following line in my loolwsd.xml file:

< host desc=“Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny.” allow=“true”>[REDACTED]< /host>

Containing my NextCloud hostname

EDIT: this line is under

< wopi desc=“Allow/deny wopi storage. Mutually exclusive with webdav.” allow=“true”>

Even if I add the entry in the /etc/hosts file, the machine couldn’t reach the IP address
There is no need to setup a DNS server on this machine, the DNS resolution should be done by the proxy server

You don’t need a DNS server on the machine, but your machine needs to be a client of DNS server.

I believe the WOPI host needs to be escaped like www.example.com

loolwsd needs to be able to resolved the WOPI host to an IP address.