Collabora does not show the document

Hi,

I installed Docker and collabora/code, the dockercontainer starts but when I click a .odt document, collabora starts but does not show the document.

I checked if aufs is there, it is.

modprob aufs
returns nothing

grep aufs /proc/filesystems
returns
nodev aufs

does one need to add office.domain.tld to the trusted domains?

I made the subdomain and it has a LE certificate.

I see no error in the protocol and now I do not know how to continu.
In PHP I had
[core:crit] (13)Permission denied: AH00529: /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/httpdocs/data/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that β€˜/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/httpdocs/data/’ is executable

.htaccess is world-readable and I changed the permission for the data-directory, but no effect so far.

I am almost there but seem to be missing something.

Ubuntu 16.04 with Nextcloud 13, the latest, just installed it a few days ago.

Regards,
Jan

collabora needs sometimes a reboot/docker restart after the first setup.

did you restart everything?

Hi

did you mean a reboot of the server?
I will today restart docker to see if that helps.

Regards,
Jan

a sudo systemctl restart docker as well as sudo docker restart <collabora-docker-id> should do the trick. sudo rebbot of course also.

i could figure out what is really needed. because i do a docker restart in my ansible playbook but it’s not always successful.

Hi
I restarted the docker, and the container, no luck.

So I started digging in the logfiles.

First of all I found that pm.max_children was too small, I have enlarged it and also all the other FPM settings.

Now the Nextcloud-instance (domain.tld) is running on PHP 7.0 - FPM on Apache
office.domain.tld is running on PHP 7.2 FPM on NGINX - must have overseen it during installation.

If I change NGINX to apache I get a WOPI-error.

The server is Ubuntu 16.04 with Plesk Onyx.

Collabora starts, it just does not load the file about.odt which is there for all new users.

Regards,
Jan

Hi,

maybe someone can give me a hint on where to search for a cause.

The server (and docker) have been restarted but I still do not see the document to edit.

What logfiles should I look at?

Thanks for any help.

Jan

I vaguely remember having this trouble. I think I had to manually kill old containers one at a time then restart the container. Also I had a problem with port choices. I had to do some funny mapping of the docker container at it’s launch. It was so long ago I forget where I got the help or what I did.

Try going here and posting an issue if you can’t find an answer in the issue list.

Hi,
I will remove collabora and docker, update to nextcloud 15.04 and then install docker/collabora new.
I guess that the chance on success is bigger this way.

Regards,
Jan

1 Like

Hi,

I have now Nextcloud 15.05 checked the server, repaired all possible problems.

So I am ready to re-install docker and collabora.

First must search the right howto again . . .

Regards,
Jan

https://www.c-rieger.de/

Just figured out why it will not work.
The VServer cannot run Docker.

I have more server, 2 RServer, and wonder if it is possible to run collabora/onlyoffice on a different server and use federation to help the vserver-users to collabora/onlyoffice.

Regards,
Jan