Collabora broken after I add my url to allowed domains

Hello, Im really sorry to ask for help - im a new user and I think ive been doing reasonably well until i broke everything and cant figure out what to do next!

I installed the nextcloud snap on my raspberry pi, installed an nginx reverse proxy and use the reversee proxy to get ssl access to the server. I had installed the nextcloud office bundle including collabora and it works great when i access my nextcloud server via IP address but it refuses to work (I just get a spi ning circle for ages) when I access via https://my.domain.com

Any pointers to how I could fix this?

hi @nextcloud5 welcome to the forum :handshake:

you are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you in case the machine in question in spitting out errors! Since you’ve provided zero technical details it is impossible to help you as-is. Thanks.

Don’t need to be sorry about the question at one or another point everybody needs help. Your problem sounds like an issue with DNS/reverse proxy/webserver configuration when the clients tries to access something which doesn’t exist… Good starting point would be browser log (F12) and going further the path - reverse proxy logs, webserver logs, Nextcloud application logs.

If you catch an error even without knowing the reason it’s possible to ask more precise questions and do research using right search terms…

1 Like