Client update crashes explorer.exe

When running a client update for the past couple of versions in Windows 10, explorer.exe crashes and manually restarting it via run results in a crashing loop that is only fixable via a restart.

Seen it on numerous systems when installing 3.3.6 and 3,4.1.

I’m afraid that’s not enough of information.
if you wouldn’t mind giving out motre data about ALL involved systems… plus: logs, logs, logs

Well, this happens on every windows 10 machine I have done it on (about 20 machines), latest updates. Letting the client install a detected update results in an explorer crash.

I suggest you try updating the client on windows 10 and see if it happens before I need to go log diving. Which logs would you like and where can I find them?

I’m afraid on all my machines (win 10) everything works greatly. And so I bet it does
on the broad majority of all users machines (otherwise we would have heard of this problem earlier).

Not what a quick google reveals. There are others with the issue.

There’s nothing special about my machines. Local admin, not domain joined.

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 3.4.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Windows 10.0.19042.1415
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): none
PHP version (eg, 7.4): none

The issue you are facing:
Windows explorer.exe crashed after update of Nextcloud Client to current version. After restarting explorer.exe over Task manager, explorer.exe crashes rependently.

Only restart of the windows solve this problem. This is happen with every update since the last four month.

still: not enough information to make a sophisticated guess

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.