Client "Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/3.1.0" is not allowed to access end-to-end encrypted content

Hi,

since I have set up e2e with NC 13.0.2 I got this ine the NC log:
|Fatal|webdav|OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: client “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/3.1.0” is not allowed to access end-to-end encrypted > content|2018-06-13T07:59:15+0200|

|—|—|—|—|
|Fatal|webdav|OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: client “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/3.1.0” is not allowed to access end-to-end encrypted content|2018-06-13T07:46:44+0200|
|Fatal|webdav|OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: client “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/3.1.0” is not allowed to access end-to-end encrypted content|2018-06-13T07:32:21+0200|
|Fatal|webdav|OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: client “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/3.1.0” is not allowed to access end-to-end encrypted content|2018-06-13T07:03:03+0200|
|Fatal|webdav|OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: client “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/3.1.0” is not allowed to access end-to-end encrypted content|2018-06-12T17:34:55+0200|

|Fatal|webdav|OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: client “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/3.1.0” is not allowed to access end-to-end encrypted content

1. /var/www/virtual/xx/htdocs/apps/end_to_end_encryption/lib/Connector/Sabre/LockPlugin.php - line 125: OCA\EndToEndEncryption\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->checkUserAgent(‘Mozilla/5.0 (An…’, ‘/test/6ca66c8ab…’)
  2. [internal function] OCA\EndToEndEncryption\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->checkLock(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
  3. /var/www/virtual/xx/htdocs/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
  4. /var/www/virtual/xx/htdocs/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 466: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit(‘beforeMethod’, Array)
  5. /var/www/virtual/xx/htdocs/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
  6. /var/www/virtual/xx/htdocs/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php - line 80: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
  7. /var/www/virtual/xx/htdocs/remote.php - line 164: require_once(‘/var/www/virtua…’)
  8. {main}|
    | — | — |

Fatal log entrys are not nice, how can I get rid of them?
NC android app 3.1.0 from f-droid. In the app there is no log entry that matching the same time linke the log in NC itself.

Micha

I have this problem long time ago.

I wait for app update to 3.2 on f-droid and will see, I it happens again. Thanks for pointing me to the issue.

Yes, I already update to 3.2, and still have the problem, the error message just like before.
Thanks

@tobiasKaminsky the user agent used seems wrong?

Same problem here, but with a slight different user agent: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: client “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/3.2.0” is not allowed to access end-to-end encrypted content

I also see that when i create a new user account, that work like a charme for this new one, not with “old account”.

Please use github for bug tracking.
If it is working for a new user, there might be some hiccup on one of the very first versions.
So I assume that re-installing the app would help. (Sorry for the trouble)

There is a bug open related to this behavior by someone else: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/8884

When you say reinstall the app, are you talking the android app or web app on the server ? I’ll try then.
Thank you

Update: reinstalling the “server app” did correct the problem in my case.
Steps to reinstall:

• remove config.php file
  • purge database

Hi, what do you mean purge database?
How to do it ? My database is mysql.
I want to try.
Thanks

Sound’s not like a solution to me. there is no other way?

@tobiasKaminsky. We did it

1 Like

After upgrade to nextcloud server 14, E2E work as expected, thanks

1 Like