Clean-blog theme not working as expected

PICOcms is a fantastic addition to NC. I currently use the default theme for the intranet in my small organisation. I found a very nice theme https://github.com/BesrourMS/clean-blog

I have installed it according to the instructions given in the app.
I have uploaded the clean-blog files to /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/themes/
I have uploaded the content to /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/templates/ I had to add an assts folder in the content to get it accepted.
I have uploaded the pagination plugin to /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/plugins/

I have activated the theme, template and plugin in the Administration/PicoCMS page. Everything is accepted OK.

I have created a new config.yml file at /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/config/config.yml
In that file I have edited the lines as described here [Beta] [Needs Testing] Pico CMS for Nextcloud v1.0.0

pages_order_by: date
pages_order: desc
PicoExcerpt.enabled: true
excerpt_length: 12

I have created the site (named Blog)
I have added the index.md and post.md to the content map in the “Files/Blog/” folder.

When I access the site I get the headline of the post. No text. I cannot get the index.md showing.

I wonder if Ithere is something missing like a twig-file or yml-file or _meta.md?

I appreciate any suggestions

clean-blog is known to be not the easiest theme to get working. It requires a pagination plugin, otherwise it shows no pages, and you must add Template: post to all your blog articles. However, you can still simply rewrite the theme to fit your needs.

I have installed and activated the pagination plugin.

And the blog articles have Template: post in the metaheader. The index has Template: index. Funny thing is that after adding a date to the index.md header I can access the text in the post.md when clickin on the first heading displayed. And the index heading is now visible placed below the post heading.

Any other proposed solution?

I have installed the defaault Pico CMS and it works well. I am trying to install the clean-blog theme. I have NC 17.0.1, Ubuntu 18.04 and nginx.

According to the instructions I have uploaded the new theme files to /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/themes/ , the new content files to /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/templates/ and the new plug in to /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/plugins/

I have made a config.yml from the template at ./var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/config/config.yml.template

I then add these new variables from the Pico CMS setup in NC. I construct the new site with no issues. I find a folder for the new site and its content and assets folder among the files. I put the example content for the new theme in them.
When I access the new site it is not working as it should - see previous post.

For the troubleshooting I look at the folder structure. I find the folders for the active plugins and my themes (default and new) in folders under ./var/www/nextcloud/apps/cms_pico/appdata_public/

But the revised config.yml is still in the original place at /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/config/config.yml.

I find two other config.yml.templates in
./var/www/nextcloud/apps/cms_pico/vendor/picocms/pico/config/config.yml.template
./var/www/nextcloud/apps/cms_pico/appdata/config/config.yml.template

I also find that the default theme has a Pico-default.yml file.
My question is about the new config.yml file. Is it correct it should stay under the nc_data folders? Or should I create a clean-blog.yml somewhere? Or do I need to make changes to the nginx

Yeah, clean-blog is a bit… unhandy. I highly recommend editing the theme to fit your needs, like removing the use of paged_pages (i.e. the pagination plugin) if you don’t need pagination, replacing the use of auto-generated excerpts by meta.description, etc.

The “right” config.yml to edit is /var/nc_data/appdata_ocv8usaqvspv/cms_pico/config/config.yml. All other files can be ignored, you don’t need those.

Thanks

I tried the default-blog instead of the clean-blog.

Followed the instructions and activated the theme and the template. Created the site - When I access the site I get

nternal Server Error

The file and directory structure of this website appears to be broken and thus could not be accessed.

I do not get these error for the default or clean-blog theme. I see no evident error.

Please provide the full stack trace of the exception (check NC’s log).

I was too fast.

The first phase works OK, ie there is a Blog alternative in the menu. Click on that - the healdines of the two new blogposts are shown. Click on the forst blogpost headline and I get the error

In the logs I get

|Error|cms_pico|OCA\CMSPico\Exceptions\PicoRuntimeException: Unable to find template “post.twig” (looked into: /var/www/nextcloud/apps/cms_pico/appdata_public/themes/pEfU1v8QMF/default).

1. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/cms_pico/lib/Service/WebsitesService.php - line 282:OCA\CMSPico\Service\PicoService->getPage(OCA\CMSPico\Model\Website {})
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/cms_pico/lib/Controller/PicoController.php - line 108:OCA\CMSPico\Service\WebsitesService->getPage(“gemenskap”, “blog/firstpost”, “NCadmin”, false)
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 170:OCA\CMSPico\Controller\PicoController->getPage(“gemenskap”, “blog/firstpost”, false)
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 99:OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\CMSPico\ … {}, “getPage”)
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 126:OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\CMSPico\ … {}, “getPage”)
  6. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php - line 47:OC\AppFramework\App::main(“OCA\CMSPic … r”, “getPage”, OC\AppFramew … {}, { page: "blo … "})
  7. <>OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke({ page: "blo … "})
  8. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 297:call_user_func(OC\AppFramew … {}, { page: "blo … "})
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1000:OC\Route\Router->match("/apps/cms_p … t")
  10. /var/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 42:OC::handleRequest()|
    | — | — |

I see it is looking for post.twig. I had a post.twig in the pico-blog-theme-master but I have removed that theme. Maybe there are some traces left somewhere?
There is no mention of post.twig in the “Welcome” description of the Blogging alternative

I added the post.twig found in the pico-blog-theme-master, and now ther is no error but the page is not well shown. The post.twig file needs some editing.

I solved it. Copied blog-index.twig to post.twig

Nope - did not. It worked, but when I tried to fix the navigation issue as above I once again get I get the Internal server error. Now this log:

[cms_pico] Error: OCA\CMSPico\Exceptions\PicoRuntimeException: Unexpected end of template. at <>

1. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/cms_pico/lib/Service/WebsitesService.php line 282
    OCA\CMSPico\Service\PicoService->getPage(OCA\CMSPico\Model\Website {})
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/cms_pico/lib/Controller/PicoController.php line 108
    OCA\CMSPico\Service\WebsitesService->getPage(“gemenskap”, “blog”, “NCadmin”, false)
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 170
    OCA\CMSPico\Controller\PicoController->getPage(“gemenskap”, “blog”, false)
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 99
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\CMSPico\Controller\PicoController {}, “getPage”)
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 126
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\CMSPico\Controller\PicoController {}, “getPage”)
  6. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php line 47
    OC\AppFramework\App::main(“OCA\CMSPico\C … r”, “getPage”, OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {page: “blog”,si … "})
  7. <>
    OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke({page: “blog”,si … "})
  8. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 297
    undefinedundefinedcall_user_func(OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {page: “blog”,si … "})
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1000
    OC\Route\Router->match("/apps/cms_pico/pico/gemenskap/blog")
  10. /var/www/nextcloud/index.php line 42
    OC::handleRequest()

GET /apps/cms_pico/pico/gemenskap/blog
from 192.168.1.1 by NCadmin at 2019-12-07T14:44:39+01:00

I’m new to PicoCMS but looks like Clean-blog is working for me (NextclouPi 17 -Apache)
But i can’t figure how to link the “Post” header image to a .JPG in the Assets folder.

(post.md for exemple)

---
Title: Man must explore, and this is exploration at its greatest
Description: Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up
Date: 11 June 2016
Author: Mohamed Safouan Besrour
Profile: http://besrourms.github.io
Img: https://unsplash.it/1200/628?image=1075
Template: post
---

As we can’t use external https image links in Nextcloud for security, using:
img: /apps/cms_pico/appdata_public/themes/ksEPFJC9We/clean-blog/img/post-bg.jpg
is working but it would be more convenient if i could link an image from the user Assets folder.

i’ve tried:
img: ![Image Title](%assets_url%/image.png)
but it’s not working in the “YAML header” (i’m probably wrong formating)

The theme looks great but not very easy to customize “socials” or “Menu” (for a noob like me).
i still need to learn more about customizing “twig” etc…

You have an syntax error in your Twig template. Check that you’ve closed all {% if %}, {% for %}, etc.

AFAIK clean-blog doesn’t use Pico’s new url Twig filter, thus %assets_url% isn’t interpreted in the theme’s meta header. You can either add the url Twig filter to the theme yourself (btw: it’s Img: %assets_url%/image.png then) or you must use full URLs like Img: /index.php/apps/cms_pico/pico/example_site/assets/image.png

1 Like

Correct. Had lost the last {% endfor %} of the insert as described in the Welcome.
Now it works.
I am also thinking about if it is possible to add a picture to the meta-header for the blog-post.
In the clean-blog post.twig I see

and in the meta-head of the blogpost there is
Img: https://unsplash.it/1200/628?image=1075
Can I do something similar with the default blog?