Changing domain name breaks Collabora

I’m running a Nextcloud 15 with Collabora (docker image) that was all running perfectly until I changed the domain name of the site.

I updated my config.php, nginx config and remade the certs, I closed the collabora container and ran a new one using the new domain parameter.

Everything runs perfectly on the new domain except that office docs would no longer open. I tried restarting the server, removing and re-adding collabora app, but can’t get it to work. Is there something else that needs to be done that I’ve missed?

I also made an issue in Github:

That’s the desired behavior.

You need to stop the current container and run it again specifying the new domain to allow connections.

Otherwise all the internet could connect to your code instance at will.

Cheers!

That’s what I did as I stated in the original post: “I updated my config.php, nginx config and remade the certs, I closed the collabora container and ran a new one using the new domain parameter.”

Update: I’ve tried changing back to the original domain, and it’s still broken, so I think this problem is more about starting a new docker container than being to do with the domain changing…? but I have started a new container quite a few times to upgrade them, so this is very strange.

Ok so this was a very simple problem! I just needed to set the domain in the Collabora config in Nextcloud’s apps config page!

Glad you solved it. :slight_smile: