Changing data storage location after initial AIO install

I just installed Nextcloud onto my Ubuntu 22.04 home server. I installed the All-in-One docker image. It is working great! I setup a few family users and they are all set to start using it. One problem… as of now Nextcloud’s main data storage location is on my smallest drive (500gb). We have TB’s of data that we will need to store. I want to transition the storage location to my larger 1TB drive for now and eventually setup a 4x 5TB RAID 5 hard drive configuration for even more storage. As you can see, I may need to change the storage location back and forth a few times. I saw that one thing you could do is move the storage location and recreate the docker images using the docker run command. Would that delete all of my other configurations and users I created? You guys are the experts… what is the best way to move the data storage directory without loosing any of the setup I have already done (which btw took me a while to get to)?

Usually when recreating the mastercontainer, files and users are kept. For moving the datadir, see this GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

See this https://github.com/nextcloud/all-in-one/discussions/890#discussioncomment-3089903

Another option would be adding additional storage with the external storage app and local storage and GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All In One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

Another possibility is this: https://github.com/nextcloud/all-in-one#how-to-store-the-filesinstallation-on-a-separate-drive

Ok, cool I think I got it to work using the steps you sent in your first reply. How can I verify that it’s now using the larger storage space instead of the old (smaller) storage space?

Oh never mind, I think I found out how to verify it in the app… it’s showing the correct storage amount now.