Changing a translation not possible

Hello,

I tried to overwrite the next „Benutzername oder E-Mail“ (Username or email) with „Benutzername“ (username) because our users don’t have a email adress added but sometimes try to login with their email adress.

The modification was done by editing the files de_DE.js and de_DE.json. The modificated files are located in /themes/custom/core/l10n. de_DE is set as standard. The same goes for the theme custom.

config.php

‘default_language’ => ‘de_DE’,
‘default_locale’ => ‘de_DE’,
‘theme’ => ‘custom’,

de_DE.js

OC.L10N.register(
“core”,
{
“Username or email” : “Benutzername”,
“Username or\temail” : “Benutzername”,
},
“nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);”
);

de_DE.json

{ “translations”: {
“Username or email” : “Benutzername”,
“Username or\temail” : “Benutzername”,
},
“pluralForm” :“nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);”
}

Other modifications like templates works without any problems. But this change does nothing. Any idee what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards

Gerhard

I have the same problem.
So I tried change the translation directly in the core (nextcloud/core/l10n) but didn’t work.

Hi Gerhard,

I did the modifications directly in the core/l10n (/var/www/nextcloud/core/l10n/), and works fine!
The cache was troll me. But after I cleared the cache the translation appear in the login page.

strangely, there seem to be some phrases that don’t change for me to. (in my case the “User disabled” phrase in the en_GB language).
I have also forced the default language in the config.php.
@camilobg, how did you reset the cache?
I have forced reload in my browser and restarted the apache server which should also clear the APCu cache. I have also restarted the redis caching.

@zeigerpuppy these are the steps that I did (considering my language brazilian portuguese):

  1. Alter the translation directly in the core/l10n/pt_BR.js and core/l10n/pt_BR.json.

  2. Define default language and locale, and force the locale on CONFIG.PHP:

“default_language” => “pt_BR”,
“default_locale” => “pt_BR”,
“force_locale” => “pt_BR”,

  1. Update the .js file:

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mimetype:update-js

  1. Restart Apache and Redis

  2. So, finally, I reseted the browser’s cache.

I hope that works with you too.
So, if this doesn’t work, then try alter the english default placeholder in the login.js file:

./core/js/dist/login.js