Change selfsigned -> lets encrypt Certificate

Hi everybody,

IĀ“m new in this fancy nextcloud thing and I really have to so, I like this shit :slight_smile:

but now I have a problem, I try to connect a Password Manager App to my nextcloud, but it fails because of a selfsigned certificate.

Do somebody know how to change it from selfsigned to lets encrypt?

For your info, Ubuntu 19.10 (should be the newest) and NextCloud Snap installation ā€¦ what else do you need to help me?

Many thanks and big up to everybody!

Welcome to the community!

Thereā€™s probably someone who can give you a better more specific answer, Iā€™m not super savvy with snap packages but I would start looking at the documentation for the snap package

Check the ā€œIncluded CLI utilitiesā€ -section
Basically If you have a domain name pointing to your nextcloud server/computer I would assume that you can install certbot (for setting up letā€™s encrypt) and enable it for the domain you have set up nextcloud with. Certbot will assume that nextcloud is installed on port 80 and 443.

It also seems like thereā€™s a utility included with the snap, try.
ā€œsudo nextcloud.enable-https -hā€ for more info, you might be able to set it to use letseencrypt through that command.

Seems like the certificates are stored somewhere around here:
/var/snap/nextcloud/current/

You also should be able to symlink the certificates to the letā€™s encrypt certificates which should be located here /etc/letsencrypt/live/domainname.com after youā€™ve installed and deployed the certificates through certbot.

Hope some of this helps!