Change Full Name/Displayname when using LDAP authentication?

Hi all,

I’m currently having an issue with changing the Full Name/Display name when using LDAP authentication. As an admin, I can change it, however, it never really changes it it. Reason, it appears is because it’s pulling from the ldap server. Only way to allow users to change their names, as far as I can see, is to break the ldap authentication. Do you guys know of any way around this? To be able to change the displayed name while using LDAP?

1 Like

Any fixes for this?

I am not an expert when it comes to LDAP. But isn’t the idea of LDAP that you have central place for user management and authentification and therfore don’t have to change / adapt these settings individually in each application?

However, maybe you can leave the fields for name and surename empty on the LDAP server. But I’m not sure if this will allow users to change the display name or whether it then simply remains empty and only the username is shown in Nextcloud.

Yes, but as I understand him and also my “problem”, we want that a user can adjust his account data saved in LDAP. That already works fine for password and mail. But not for the name.