Certificate Issues with The Good Cloud

I’ve recently experienced problems with The Good Cloud and their certificate. I have a free account at the moment while I test things out and when I try to access the site from Safari, Chrome or through MacOS accounts I receive messages related to the certificate.

Chrome gives me the message “NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID” and Safari gives me a message “Safari Can’t establish a secure connection to the server.” The Google message elaborates to say:

“thegood.cloud normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to thegood.cloud this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be thegood.cloud, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.”

Is there anything I can do besides wait for the issue to be resolved? This makes me worried that I should start to exfiltrate my data from this service and never use it again (although, that seems impossible at the moment). Anyone with thoughts or solutions?

I took a look into their certificate. It seems that they use a self signed certificate since yesterday and a lot of browsers don´t like these certificates. I would think the site owners will solve that quickly when they see it. I will leave them probably a note in the contact form.

1 Like

That’s way too technical for me at the moment so I appreciate that. I’ll use their contact form and see if they reply back with an update.

Thanks again @DARKDacil


It should be fixed now. We had major maintenance going on. You can view the maintenance scheduledes here and we announce them a year beforehand.

We moved our loadbalancer which has a few certificates which aren’t being handled by lets-encrypt yet and our non-LE certs didn’t get moved. As far as we can see now (still analyzing) it only concerned our main website and the free environment. We didn’t find out because our monitoring (prometheus) and our external URL monitoring didn’t gave any alerts.

We still have to figure out why our monitoring didn’t go off, but I suspect it has to do with that the url is being monitored, but not the actual in-depth certificates.

sorry for the inconvenience.