Cardav not working since NC10 - No 'Authorization: Basic' header found

Hello everyone.

I updated my installation to NC 10, running with Nginx and MariaDB and everything is fine except card sync with stopped working.

On my Mac Contact there are no error but the address book looks empty and in my logs I have this error :

    Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: HTTP/1.1 401 No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured, No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured
[internal function] Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin->beforeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/html/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 446: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('beforeMethod', Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 248: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/html/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 184: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/html/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 30: OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/html/remote.php - line 165: require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
{main} 

I was using a custom nginx config but I switched to the recommended config from the doc and nothing changed.

Something funny : I can actually create contacts on Contact.app which will be created on the server, so creating contacts is working but not retrieving them…

I don’t know if that something to do with this problem, but on the left of the webui I only have “All contacts” and “Not Grouped” even though I have several, not empty, groups…

If you have any idea or need more logs or info please let me know.

Thanks for reading my topic.

François

Have you tried to remove and re-add the account on your Mac? I feel like this would kick-start the authentication and cause the client to send the appropriate headers (or better yet, if there is really an auth problem show you a better error message).

Hey sorry for the late reply.

I ended removing everything from NC and cleanly reinstalling it.

It was still using the nginx config from OC7 and the database seemed to be somehow corrupted.

After a clean install and some tweaking everything is fine. There is some incompatibility between the group management of the NC Contact App and from the Apple Contact app but that’s another story.

The problem seemed to come from the contact.app from my mac as I checked everything was working fine with Gnome adressbook and davdroid…