Can't update with GUI or manually

I updated from Nextcloud 13 to 14 yesterday. I tried updating via GUI as usual but I get an error and then maintenance mode stays active. I tried updating via CLI and same problem. Please see screenshots for further clarification. Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated.

I’m using Debian 8 and php7.

Regards,
Ammar

Can any one help me with this, please? I really need my nextcloud up and running. It’s been 2 days now.

I seriously want to get my cloud back up and running. At least tell me how to downgrade to nextcloud 13 as this version is completely broken!

you should try a manual upgrade (i think updating with gui is not supported for this version yet).

1. stop webserver
  2. rename your nextcloud-dir.
  3. download 14.0.3-release and unpack it; put it in the same path/name as the old nextcloud-dir prior to renaming.
  4. copy the config.php from old dir to new dir.
    3.5 if the data-dir is inside the nextcloud-dir copy it also from old to new
  5. adjust permissions of new dir as necessary
  6. run occ upgrade in new dir
  7. done (you might have to manually turn off maintenance mode)

downgrading is not officially recommended but possible if you have a recent database-backup (dump) for the old version (your database has already been altered by the gui-updater).

GOOD LUCK!

could you please try and just deactivate the app activity and, if possible, maybe even delete it temporarily?

1 Like

Already tried manually updating it still doesn’t work.

How do I do that as I can’t access the cloud via GUI.

try sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable activity from your nextcloud-directory

1 Like