Can't see files in webinterface after upgrade

Nextcloud version: 12.0.3
Operating system and version: CentOS7
Apache or nginx version: apache 2.4.6
PHP version: 56
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: not getting an error

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): no

The issue you are facing: I recently upgraded from(and forgot to backup my webfiles…) 12.0.2 to 12.0.3, now I am not able to create or see any files for any user after logging in. When the users logs in I can see how much is used, but I can see the files that are available for the user even though the permissions haven’t changed since my update. I can’t even create a new file for any users. Anyone know where I should start looking since my setup has been working the way I had it for a couple of years.

I did a fresh install and everything worked again, something during the upgrade must have not gone right.

Hmm looks like something with the database or connection to it was wrong. But if fresh install was okay for you, great. Btw. as the updater creates backups, you could have switched back.
€: Ah or did I missunderrstand and you did manually update and forgot to backup nextcloud itself?

Normally data itself is not affected by such errors, but it’s always good to have a data backup regularly updated, not just before nextcloud upgrades ;).

I used the updater, didn’t know an automatic backup was made, what location is that stored and does this automatic backup also do a database dump? Normally I do a database dump, then tar my current web files before I update in case I need to restore, I just forgot to this time :wink: Luckily I still had an old database dump from where I could recreate all the users and their password for nextcloud :slight_smile:

The backups are stored in /<nextcloudData>/updater-<instanceid>/backups/, but they do sadly not include a database dump.

Thanks! :slight_smile: Maybe in a next version then :wink: