Can't see config.php after modifying & rebooting

Hello friends, I hope everyone is having a nice start to the new year.

Working on a fresh installation of Ubuntu Server 22.04, with the Nextcloud installed as one of the installation options. I was able to log on locally and the web server was successfully serving up the web pages. While attempting to connect from my laptop, I received the untrusted domain message. So i modified the config.php after renaming the original file to config.php.old, then rebooted the server.

When attempting to access the web interface either locally for from my laptop, the following error message is now displayed:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the webserver log."

After modifying the trusted domain value in the /snap/nextcloud/39212/config folder, it is no longer visible to the account that was used to modify it previously. I cannot see it if I browse to the directory, and a check of permissions shows that it is owned by root.

My account shows that it is in the sudo users group. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

JoshMan

hi @JoshMan welcome to the forum :handshake:

Snap docs and Wiki is located here:

you issues sounds similar to

maybe you find some hints there.

1 Like