Can't open synced files local

I can’t open a lot of files that nextcloud says are synced fine (it says everything in sync)
I get an error message like (translated)
“Make sure [nextcloud syncspace] runs on your computer and try again”
Irritating thing is, when I look at such a files properties, it says filesize: (correct size) and file size on disk: 0 bytes
I also can’t copy those files from the nextcloud folder to a local folder
In Windows Explorer I noticed, that the files I can open have a sync icon next to them, those I can’t open have a cloud icon. Does that mean those files are only in the cloud? How can I sync them down?
I already deleted all entries (a lot, 10k+) from the locked files table, no help.
files are within a groupfolder if that makes any difference

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 20.0.12
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.3.33
Client is latest, Win10

Hello @TauTau ,

I did not understand all of what you have been writing.

Could you please provide screenshots?

Which version is it?

Can you tell us about your sync client setup?
Are you using virtual files?

How did you delete locked files from the table? sql query?

simple fix… removed checkbox from to-sync-folder, set it again, freshly synced worked again. Still I think this is some bug
And yes, SQL query, but didn’t seem to be the real problem, seems to be more of a sync-state issue
client is version 3.4.0 that was installed today, though I already had that problem weeks ago. I’m not using virtual files
I’m not seeing an option for screenshots here, how? However, I will have to wait some weeks I guess for the problem to occur again (which I bet, will, since it always did)

1 Like