Can't map hard drive, Can't log in Pi terminal

Nextcloud will not mount usb storage

Nextcloud V.1.16.6

is set up on a RasberyPi 3 using https://ownyourbits.com/2017/02/13/nextcloud-ready-raspberry-pi-image/

Rabian is NOT installed. The only thing in the SD card are the file for Nextcloud.

this means when power is connected to the Pi it loads only a terminal, and runs Nextcloud

Screen 1:

I have the Pi 3 connected with ethernet cable and connected to a monitor. Thereā€™s a USB Switch that lets me swap keyboard form computer, to Pi On Boot of the Pi, I see a login screen. Iā€™m awareā€¦

The default username of PI is

Username:pi

Password: rasbian

Login incorrectnextcloudpi Login: (waiting for another try) ā€”

Iā€™m awareā€¦

Default username and password of Nextcloud is

Username: npc

Password: ownyourbits

This doesnā€™t work.

So. Giving up on Screen 1 for a moment since I canā€™t do squat but try to log inā€¦

Screen 2:

Screen 2 is the computer in the same network. Iā€™m able to go to the IP of the pi (found using Angry Ip Scanner) and view the activation page. Iā€™m able to run the at ip/wizard and set everything up. Iā€™m able to log into Nextcloud and see the defualt files.

HOWEVER. at this point itā€™s using the SD card. I have a 9T hard drive Iā€™d like to use that is already filed with of .PDFs MP3, .TXT files. Simple stuff.

During the Wizard of Nextcloud setup I was able to set

ā€˜ā€˜Automount USBā€™ā€™ I ā€˜ā€˜plugged it inā€™ā€™ pressed continue. The second screen showed ā€¦something going onā€¦

I continued.

No external options. After some googling discovered I needed to

User icon > Settings > Apps > enable External storage support Now when logging out and logging back in under settings thereā€™s a new External Storage option

it wants me to map the drive and I donā€™t know what to type.

If I click the Pi icon at the top it kicks me to a back-end page with options. I can see nc-automount with a Checkmark

Automount USB drives by plugging them in

Plugged in USB drives will be automounted under /media on boot or at the moment of insertion. Format your drive as ext4/btrfs in order to move NC datafolder or database. VFAT or NTFS is not recommended for this task, as it does not suport permissions WARNING If you want add a second drive later, make sure you have added a LABEL to the first and all other drives to be mounted when formating, as they will then be mounted at /media/LABEL instead of /media/USBdrive IMPORTANT: halt or umount the drive before removing

Thereā€™s a checkmark in active. It also shows a check mark when you select the options on theā€¦ sidebar thing. itā€™s active.

That sounds great! Except itā€™s not working.

If I was able to log into the First screen I could run

sudo blkid

to show whatā€™s connected. But I canā€™t log in screen one. Itā€™s asking for a username I donā€™t know and a password I canā€™t seem to find after HOURS of searching.

Default password? ownyourbits rasbery i donā€™t knowā€¦ halp.

Since I canā€™t log in to find the drives, and it;s not AUTO DETECTING THE DRIVE like it said it willā€¦

Iā€™m stuck.

PLEASE HALP

[/details]

Nextcloud V.1.16.6

Operating system and version _ Nextcloud image

Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):

PHP version (eg, 7.1):

The issue you are facing:

Iā€™m unable to mount a hard drive. I have a external hard drive Iā€™m trying to use with Nextcloud, and when going to External Storages/ It wants the location of the drive.

I have the Pi connected to another monitor so I can type on it.

I have a login screen in terminal, (on the PI)

and can open Nextcloud from the other screen with a browser.

But I canā€™t log in on the PI!

username: Iā€™ve tried ncp

Password: ownyourbits

Iā€™ve tried

Username: ncp

Password Ownyourbits.

Iā€™ve tried

Username: ncp

Password ownyourbits

If I could log in, I could run ls disk to map whats connected, then go back to the other screen and put that location in, letting Nextcloud map my drive.

But Iā€™m stuck

Screen one: trying to log into the Pi.

Thereā€™s no Rasbian on this card. itā€™s just the live image of Nextcloud.

Meanwhile on the Nextcloud GUI I can log into nexcloud interface, but canā€™t see files. I can try to add a external hard drive but it wants me to type the location. I donā€™t know the location so Iā€™m going to the other monitor and trying to log in.

I canā€™t log in, so finally Iā€™m asking for some assistance.

Is this the first time youā€™ve seen this error? (Y/N):

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Warning Login failed: 'ncp' (Remote IP: 'REDACTED')

2019-09-16T22:43:40-0700

Warning Login failed: 'ncp' (Remote IP: 'REDACTED')

2019-09-16T22:05:25-0700

Error Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT `id`, `numeric_id`, `available`, `last_checked` FROM `oc_storages` WHERE `id` IN (?)' with params ["local::\/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/"]: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Since I'm using a live image I'm not able to show the outout of var log. At least not without signing in first

Is no longer in use, check documentation FAQ

What are pre-set users/passwords on NextCloudPi?

There are no pre-set passwords, the following are randomly generated upon first access during activation.

For terminal pi/raspberry (root/1234 on Armbian)
For SSH: generated on demand on ncp-web SSH section.
For nextcloudpi.local:4443 ncp/<random> (stored and reset in nc-passwd)
For nextcloudpi.local ncp/<random> (stored and reset in nc-admin)
For Database user is ncadmin/<random in /root/.my.cnf>
1 Like

Figured half of this out.
I was misspelling raspberry
now trying to get the drive to mount

Thanks for the info about ownyourbits no longer being in use!