Can't make changes to UI

Hi, why can’t i make any changes into App.vue ? nothing is applied
I’m doing this by editing tutorial app on apps/ directory.
Thanks

You need to be more specific :wink:

What change are you trying to make, which file are you editing (full path please) and what commands are you thereafter running to make the changes be deployed?

Thanks for your help. I’m trying to figure out how the UI works and making changes to src/App.vue is not being applied to the app. Even when I deleted the contents of src/, it still works as before (lol). Another question I have is whether I need a GitHub Nextcloud server for development or if I can just download the prebuilt version?
Again, thanks for your help

It sounds to me like you are just not doing the things that you need to do to compile the Vue code into a usable format that is deployed. You simply need to go through the tutorials, since they teach you how to do exactly this type of thing.

I recommend that you don’t try to cut corners, because the tutorials are not very time consuming and you do need the basic understanding (and tooling) that they introduce you to, in order to make the changes you want to make.

You should be able to solve your problem once you learnt what they teach.

I’m not sure what you mean by a “GitHub” Nextcloud server vs a “prebuilt” one. Regardless, setting up a development environment is the first step in the tutorials. Personally I just use a normal install of Nextcloud for my development, along with the tools needed of course.

thanks for the link, i did read a bit of documentation but this tutorial i didn’t know even exists.

Nice, then you have something to do this weekend :smiley:

1 Like

Also, I had this problem, that even when I rebuilt the app, it still would not update. This was caused by caching. To solve (in firefox):

• open developer tools
  • go to settings (…->settings)
  • under advanced settings, check “disable caching when toolbox is open”

Done!

1 Like

Right, but your issue and the issue OP in this thread has are two different things. They never even tried to build the assets, whereas you did.

Thanks for your time, actually i did build the vue app too but it didn’t work, as i mentioned, even i removed all the src directory but still see the content so problem was browser caching.

Then please be more specific in your problem description next time, in particular when you are explicitly asked what you actually did :wink:

1 Like