Cant find any Nextcloud apps

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version 15.0.4:
Operating system and version Ubuntu 18.10:
Apache or nginx version nginx 1.15.5:
PHP version _ 7.2_:

The issue you are facing: After setting up Nextcloud I get a 404 code when I try to access localhost/nextcloud/index.php/apps/files. This URL came up automatically after I finished the setup and I can’t figure out what to do!

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y):

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud/config (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxx',
  'secret' => 'xxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.1.101',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '15.0.4.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://localhost',
  'dbname' => 'nextclouddb',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'instanceid' => 'ocxxx',
  'dbuser' => 'xxx',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxx',
  'installed' => true,
);

Error 404 is a permission problem, could be that the files and folders don’t have the right ownership, could also be in your webserver configuration.

I have xxxed some of your logs. It seems to be a local setup, however, giving out some passwords is never a good idea (often used several times).

Thank you for xxxing the logs. I’m still green enough at this I hadn’t noticed the passwords.

So I took your advice, and changed ownership of nextcloud and its subdirectories to root, same as phpinfo.php and index.html. Now at least I’m not getting the 404, but if I try to access any of the subdirectories I get 404 again. Should the subdirectories be owned by the nginx user (in this case, www-data)?