Can't delete a folder

Hello everyone

A folder was I shared with other users. I canceled the sharing and I deleted all files in the folder, thats works but I can’t delete the Folder .
Error Message, File is locked

It is possible to delete the Folder via Terminal? If yes, where are the folders stored

Thank you

1 Like

cd to nextcloud (root directory you install nextcloud) where the program “occ” is located

$ sudo -u www-data php occ list

will list all available commands, shouldn’t be difficult to find the one from this list to fix directory. It scan all directory (I guess), you are not needed to enter the “locked” folder.

1 Like

I forgot to tell , it is a snap installation

Hey, I have the same issue, I can’t delete a shared folder even as the owner of this folder.
I listed the cmd in occ, and none seems to help.

Here are my configurations:

Server configuration detail

Operating system: Linux 4.4.59+ #24922 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 19 12:13:37 CST 2019 x86_64

Webserver: Apache/2.4.39 (Unix) (fpm-fcgi)

Database: mysql 10.3.11

PHP version: 7.3.7

Modules loaded: Core, date, libxml, pcre, zlib, ctype, dom, fileinfo, filter, hash, json, mbstring, pcntl, SPL, PDO, readline, Reflection, session, SimpleXML, standard, tokenizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, mysqlnd, cgi-fcgi, apcu, bcmath, bz2, calendar, curl, dba, exif, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, iconv, imap, intl, ldap, mailparse, mysqli, openssl, pdo_dblib, pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, Phar, posix, shmop, soap, sockets, sodium, sqlite3, ssh2, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, wddx, xmlrpc, xsl, zip, Zend OPcache

Nextcloud version: 16.0.5 - 16.0.5.1