Can't add specific email to share

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slight_frown:

If you’re urgently looking for support to keep your business running, consider checking out our paid support options.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the following as you can (you can cut and paste this into your topic):

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2):12.02
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04):Freenas 11U2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx/1.12.1
PHP version (eg, 5.6):PHP 7.0.22
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?:Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

The issue you are facing:I imported my gmail.vcard into the nextcloud contacts. Not sure if that has anything to due with it but I can’t share with a specific email address. If I enter an email in the sharing email box the email shows up underneath the box but nothing happens. You don’t have the options next to the email to indivually adjust the parameters of the share. Not sure what the problem is.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Error no app in context Failed to send share by mail: Address in mailbox given [myname Nextcloud@localhost.localdomain] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'o', 'passwordsalt' => 'h', 'secret' => 'v', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => '192.168.5.80', 1 => 'myddns.ddns.net', ), 'datadirectory' => '/mnt/files', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://192.168.5.80/nextcloud', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '12.0.2.0', 'dbname' => 'nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost:/tmp/mysql.sock', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'dbuser', 'dbpassword' => 'dbpass', 'installed' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis', 'redis' => array ( 'host' => '/tmp/redis.sock', 'port' => 0, ), 'enable_previews' => true, 'enabledPreviewProviders' => array ( 0 => 'OC\\Preview\\PNG', 1 => 'OC\\Preview\\JPEG', 2 => 'OC\\Preview\\GIF', 3 => 'OC\\Preview\\BMP', 4 => 'OC\\Preview\\XBitmap', 5 => 'OC\\Preview\\MarkDown', 6 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP3', 7 => 'OC\\Preview\\TXT', 8 => 'OC\\Preview\\Illustrator', 9 => 'OC\\Preview\\Movie', 10 => 'OC\\Preview\\MSOffice2003', 11 => 'OC\\Preview\\MSOffice2007', 12 => 'OC\\Preview\\MSOfficeDoc', 13 => 'OC\\Preview\\OpenDocument', 14 => 'OC\\Preview\\PDF', 15 => 'OC\\Preview\\Photoshop', 16 => 'OC\\Preview\\Postscript', 17 => 'OC\\Preview\\StarOffice', 18 => 'OC\\Preview\\SVG', The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: --- Remember, this information may be requested if it isn't supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

After I setup the email account properly, it works. Gmail needs to have an app password generated to use with nextcloud. Sorry for the unnecessary question.