Can't access admin account

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.0.0rc2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): macOS 10.15.7
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:
I’m just trying to have access to an admin account so I can enable apps. None of the other threads seemed to work.

No idea what you mean by threads.

FIrst account you create in Nextcloud is the admin account when setting it up. Log in as that account and you will be admin.

First, login as admin. Then access the admin panel on the top right hand side. Other than that, the lack of actual information in your post makes it impossible to offer more substantial advice.

Hi @genevieveap

I assume that you have registered with a free hosted/shared Nextcloud service. With the free offers, you usually only get a simple user account and no possibilities to install apps or create and manage additional users. If you want to have these features, you either have to host Nextcloud yourself or choose a provider who offers you your own dedicated instance. However, this usually costs money.

And in general, it would be easier for everyone who is trying to help, if you could briefly describe whether you installed Nextcloud yourself or registered with a provider. If you host it yoursef: How did you install it? If hosted by a provider: Which provider and what hosting plan did you choose? Give us a little background information… We’re not on Twitter and don’t have a character limit :wink:

Thank you for your help.

@genevieveap

sorry, we don’t delete threads just because they are “invalid”. Maybe your experiences here would be inspirational for someone else.

so I recovered this one again.

But I’m gonna close it that’s the least I think I can do.