Cannot Update to Nextcloud 18 for NCP

Hello

When running the updater for Nextcloud 18 on my NCP I get the following error message while the updater tries to create a backup:

Could not copy ā€œ/var/www/nextcloud/config/192.168.1.111ā€ to ā€œ/media/myCloudDrive/ncdata/updater-oc1njr7k29sp/backups/nextcloud-17.0.3.1/config/192.168.1.111ā€. Source /var/www/nextcloud/config/192.168.1.111 is not readable. Destination /media/myCloudDrive/ncdata/updater-oc1njr7k29sp/backups/nextcloud-17.0.3.1/config/192.168.1.111 is not writable

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Using nc-update-nextcloud https://docs.nextcloudpi.com/en/staying-up-to-date/
or Nextcloud native updater?

Iā€™m using the native updater via the admin page of NC.

you should always use the ncp updater.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by the NCP updater. I consider this to be the native updater:

https://docs.nextcloudpi.com/en/staying-up-to-date/

It seems the issue solved itself overnight via nc-autoupdate-nc
Thanks for your help! :smiley:

I was hoping to see a solution here, because I am actually having an issue with the NCP update to NC18. Does any one have any suggestions?

Wait 10min and try again, NC server maybe getting a lot of requests ā€¦

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately this doesnā€™t seem to be the issue. I have encountered the issue throughout the day.

I have resolved my issues. The IPv4 address that ā€œdownload.nextcloud.comā€ resolves to is listed under an IP blocklist I use. (Hijacked list from iBlocklist, for those interested). Maybe nextcloud obtained new IPs and iBlocklist needs to update their lists. I will submit something to them.

I have the same problem too - file is not writable (checked with access root everyting is fine)

nitializing

Current version is 17.0.1.
Update to Nextcloud 18.0.2 available. (channel: ā€œstableā€)

Create backup

Could not copy ā€œ/var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php.bak-29.01.2020ā€ to ā€œ/CloudBackupData/updater-ocm4urcft39c/backups/nextcloud-17.0.1.1/config/config.php.bak-29.01.2020ā€. Source /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php.bak-29.01.2020 is not readable. Destination /CloudBackupData/updater-ocm4urcft39c/backups/nextcloud-17.0.1.1/config/config.php.bak-29.01.2020 is not writable

Trying update thru nextcloud/updater/ - till now it worked withou a problem - why now itā€™s not working ? why need to use nc-autoupdate-nc? if the web /updater/ is not working it should be removed from nextcloud web interface?

this issie have nothing to do with with connection do download server - if Your nc cannot reach update servers the update process will not even start, as You can see I can download the file, yet I have the same issue with file not writable as the author of the topic.

Connecting to download.nextcloud.com (download.nextcloud.com)|95.217.64.181|:443ā€¦ connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting responseā€¦ 200 OK
Length: 106544184 (102M) [application/zip]
Saving to: ā€˜nextcloud-18.0.2.zipā€™

nextcloud-18.0.2.zip 100%[======================================================>] 101.61M 9.92MB/s in 10s

Do not mix threads!! You have different issue than the author

@akurzawa

it would be nice if you wouldnā€™t crosspost your problemsā€¦ please decide yourself which ones to keep
this one hereā€¦ or the ofllowing one

thanks

Jimmy sure, Iā€™ve realised that i have NC installed from scratch on debian, not NCP
THANKS