Cannot login after update to NC24

After update to nc24 users cannot login into cloud

upgrade finished without errors but i have server internal error on files app

in nextcloud log i have this message

{“reqId”:“yShcUZTPny0UGMAjJsBb”,“level”:3,“time”:“June 04, 2022 17:33:14”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.100.10”,“user”:“mikes”,“app”:“index”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/apps/files/”,“message”:“User folder for mikes exists as a file”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.132 YaBrowser/22.3.1.899 (beta) Yowser/2.5 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“24.0.1.1”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“Exception”,“Message”:“User folder for mikes exists as a file”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“function”:“getUserFolder”,“class”:“OC\Files\Node\Root”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/private/Files/Node/LazyFolder.php”,“line”:72,“function”:“call_user_func_array”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/private/Files/Node/LazyRoot.php”,“line”:40,“function”:“__call”,“class”:“OC\Files\Node\LazyFolder”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/private/Server.php”,“line”:1658,“function”:“getUserFolder”,“class”:“OC\Files\Node\LazyRoot”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/apps/files/lib/Activity/Helper.php”,“line”:60,“function”:“getUserFolder”,“class”:“OC\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/apps/files/lib/Controller/ViewController.php”,“line”:210,“function”:“getFavoriteFilePaths”,“class”:“OCA\Files\Activity\Helper”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“line”:225,“function”:“index”,“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“line”:133,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php”,“line”:172,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/private/Route/Router.php”,“line”:298,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/base.php”,“line”:1023,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/index.php”,“line”:36,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:“::”}],“File”:“/home/owncloud/public_html/lib/private/Files/Node/Root.php”,“Line”:389,“CustomMessage”:“–”}}

before update it work ok

HI there,

I think your problem is tackled there → [Bug]: Server Error on Files app and User Settings 24.0.0 · Issue #32304 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

I had the same problem and I followed the possible solution:

I figured out that in my config the following item was missing: memcache.locking. I my case the culprit was the caching service. I followed the instruction to use APCu and Redis. Now everything is back to normal.

Regards

P.s. with APCu for local cache you may wont to use php --define apc.enable_cli=1 ./occ … to use occ again :wink: