Cannot Delete Or Create Files - No Errors, I Just Can't Delete Or Make Them

I’m having issues deleting or creating files. I can edit existing ones with collabora just fine, but when I try to delete them they are still there upon reloading.

I’ve tried deleting from WebUI, WebDAV, and the Android Client, to no avail.

In addition, uploading files does not work either. This is problematic since I use nextcloud to share files with others, so this is a problem.

I’m using Nextcloud Version 19.0.0, Apache2 web server, with php7.4-fpm version 7.4.5.

Like the title says, nothing appears in the error log at all when this happens, and there are no pop-up messages either, it just straight-up doesn’t work.

Perhaps it is a general problem. Is there pehaps no more space on disk available ?
Sometimes there are corresponding side effects.

What’s strange is that now I can seemingly delete some files, but not others, and sometimes uploading works and sometimes it doesn’t.

So now it’s the same problem, but with inconsistency thrown in.

Also I checked, and I have a lot of disk space left.

Nextcloud uses the database (e.g. MariaDB) for all actions. Perhaps the database is corrupt. You can use some occ-commands to check the database.
Can you post something about your database infrastructure for your nextcloud installation?

I’m using MariaDB 15.1 Distrib 10.3.22-MariaDB.

My config-php:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '19.0.0.12',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => '@REMOVED@',
  'installed' => true,
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtphost' => '@REMOVED@',
  'mail_smtpport' => '25',
  'mail_from_address' => 'nextcloud',
  'mail_domain' => '@REMOVED@',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'PLAIN',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtpname' => '@REMOVED@',
  'mail_smtppassword' => '@REMOVED@',
  'app_install_overwrite' => 
  array (
    0 => 'registration',
  ),
  'maintenance' => false,
  'app.mail.verify-tls-peer' => false,
  'filelocking.enabled' => true,
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'memcache.distributed' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' => 
  array (
    'host' => 'localhost',
    'port' => 6379,
  ),
);

Sorry. I do not use Redis [1].
Perhaps there is a problem in caching db entries with redis.

I “only” use APCu (php caching) with the package “php-acpu”. [2] [3]
I do not know if you must then use both.

'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redis
[2] https://packages.debian.org/de/buster/php-apcu
https://packages.ubuntu.com/php-apcu
[3[ https://www.php.net/manual/en/book.apcu.php

Unfortunately, that did not fix the problem.

I removed the lines referencing redis, and enabled APCu.

Upon deleting a file the normal lack of error yet no result occurred.

Perhaps you must use some occ-commands for the database.
Perhaps you also can rescan all files with “occ files:scan --all”.

I’ve run all the db commands, and have run the files:scan --all multiple times.

I’ve also tried the file unlocking trick (removing the entries from MariaDB in the oc_file_locks table) that other similar questions have posed, multiple times.

This is why I’m confused: there’s no errors, no warnings, no nothing. It just doesn’t do anything.

If there’s any further information I can provide, I’ll be sure to do so.

Yup. Same here. Started after upgrade to 19.
No error logs.
Can not delete files from Web UI or anywhere else.
Sync client just racks up “files temporarily not available errors”, "last chunk…“Wrong HTTP code returned by server…” ad nausium.
Installed new instance on hosted server tried letting a few files sync and same results.
I’ll wait for 19.1! :grin: