Cannot Create any mails NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed

I have NextCloud 23.0.0.3 with a Mailserver using PostFix and Dovecut and SSL (certbot.eff).

I followed this guide >>thisGuide<< in the installation process.

I followed it step by step but the issue appeared on the last step while I’m trying to create a new email to the server

I keep getting

reating account failed:Connection to IMAP at :993 failed. Authentication failed.

on horde_imap.log

Connection to: imap://:993/
Server connection took 0.0132 seconds.
S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE LITERAL+ AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot (Ubuntu) ready.
C: 1 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: noreply@)]
S: 1 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed.
Command 1 took 3.1667 seconds.
C: 2 LOGIN noreply@ [PASSWORD]
Slow Command: 5.005 seconds
ERROR: read/timeout error.
S: 2 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed.
Command 2 took 7.7852 seconds.

and the NextCloud.log

{“reqId”:“***“,“level”:3,“time”:“2022-04-26T00:34:45+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:”**************“,“user”:””,“app”:“mail”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:“/index.php/apps/mail/api/accounts”,“message”:“Creating account failed: Connection to IMAP at :993 failed. Authentication failed.”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“23.0.3.2”}

config.php

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'debug' => true, 'instanceid' => '***************************', 'passwordsalt' => '**************************************', 'secret' => '***********************************************************', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => '', 1 => '', ), 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/nextcloud/data', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '23.0.3.2', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://', 'dbname' => '**********', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => '**_', 'mysql.utf8mb4' => true, 'dbuser' => '***********', 'dbpassword' => '************', 'installed' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'default_phone_region' => 'US', 'mail_from_address' => 'noreply', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_domain' => '', 'mail_smtphost' => 'smpt.', 'app_install_overwrite' => array ( 0 => 'mindmap_app', ), 'mail_smtpport' => '25', 'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl', );

details i add to the new email

I’ve also tried different names and simpler passwords and more complex once, they all endup the same way

I checked all the required ports I cant find any issue and as for nowufw is not active.
I’ve looked all day all over the internet, and tried all the answers I could find, I can’t figure out why it’s acting like that.

Hi @JoyX2

I googled the ERROR: read/timeout error. S: 2 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed message and found this…

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/mail-apps-unexpected-error-during-account-creation/95586/3

Hope that helps…