Cannot connect to my server via Nextcloud Android App

Hi all

I run my own Nextcloud instance with enabled builtin 2fa and connected various devices (smartphone, calendars, contacts) to it. But now I cannot connect another device to it.

In my Nextcloud user account (not admin - but I think I did this with the admin account too) I create a new app password and scan the QR Code in the Nextcloud app where I have to enter the server address. It recognizes the code send me to the login and when I hit login it goes back to where I have to enter the server address…

Did I forgot something? Is there a step by step guide how to connect devices - so I can see if I did something wrong…?

Thanks in Advance
Killerkaninchen

Hi @killerkanichen

have you tried logging in the “traditional” way using the login flow? If you just type your URL and log in with your normal user credentials, the app should automatically create a new app password for itself…

/S

I tried it. I entered https://…/nextcloud and entered username and password. Then I had to enter a token. After that the client threw me back to where I have to enter the username…

EDIT: It brought me to where it says “login” or “register”…